Alignment Methods and Applications
This course trains the student the needs for precision shaft alignment. It enables participants to apply and gain a comprehensive understanding of alignment and Identify the importance of proper shaft alignment. During the course, participants will discuss the foundations, base plate and piping effects and identify alignment and coupling tolerances. In addition, participants will learn to apply alignment procedures and perform alignment calculations and graphic, evaluate alignment considerations for specific equipment, and know how to prevent misalignment severity and vibrations caused by misalignment.
- Apply and gain a comprehensive understanding of alignment
- Identify the importance of proper shaft alignment and identify the symptoms of misalignment
- Discuss the foundations, base plate and piping effects and enumerate various types of couplings.
- Identify alignment and coupling tolerances and perform the preliminary alignment checks
- Enumerate the different alignment methods(dial indicator and laser ) and state the advantages of each alignment method .
- Apply alignment procedures, analyze mathematical relationships and perform alignment calculations and graphic.
- Evaluate alignment considerations for specific equipment such as; electric motors, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, cooling towers, blowers & fans & internal combustion engines
- Prevent misalignment severity and vibrations caused by misalignment