Basic First Aid with CPR and AED
The Basic First Aid Course is aimed to give the candidates orientation on the principles of saving lives, to help promote recovery and to prevent further worsening of the condition of the casualty. Where an organization’s risk assessment of First Aid needs identifies that there is a requirement for First Aiders then this course satisfies the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid – OSHAD SF.
As per guidelines of OSHAD-SF – CoP - 4.0 – First Aid and Medical Emergency Course Certification is recognized by HAAD
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing or not breathing normally
- Know how to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in physiological shock, low blood sugar and with a stroke
- First aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Be able to manage a casualty with Seizure, Bone fracture, Burn and Poisoning
- Administer first aid to a casualty with Heat Stress and Hypothermia
- Be able to manage a casualty Emergency Moves