This course is designed to give candidates an awareness and understanding of the possible dangers when dealing with underground apparatus (such as buried services and utilities) and to provide instruction in the safe use of cable avoidance tools and equipment, including the use of CAT & Genny detection equipment.
- Identify different types of underground apparatus
- Identify cable avoidance tools and equipment
- Identify components of a CAT & Genny and the functions of each component part
- Understand correct procedures for obtaining the best results from the CAT & Genny
- Identify hazards and the implications of potential risks
- Locate and avoid underground apparatus
- Mark the ground and dig trial holes by hand