The Environmental Awareness course is aimed to give a basic introduction to the principles of environmental management system by identifying environmental hazard and measures to control environmental risk.
- Understand the terms ‘environment’ and ‘pollution’
- Understand the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ related to the environment
- Better appreciate environmental issues generally, and specifically in respect of their organisation
- Identify hazards to the environment from working practices
- Understand how businesses affect the environment and learn ways businesses can improve to have a more positive impact.
- Outline the procedures/controls necessary to prevent damage to the environment