The work of HR Personnel comprises several different but related policies, all of which are required by organizations that employ people in the HR arena, whatever the size or type of business. It covers areas such as working environment, recruitment & retention, pay, conditions of employment and diversity.
HR team needs to ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance to achieve the organization's objectives.
- To understand the different roles and responsibilities of Human Capital / Human Resource Managers
- To become familiar with the recruitment and selection process, resourcing, and the skills required for effective interviewing
- To identify and use the skills involved in managing people effectively, specifically planning and organizing, communication, leadership, assertiveness, motivation, delegation, decision-making, etc.
- To identify the key elements of employee relations, focusing specifically on the techniques of coaching, counselling, and disciplinary action
- To examine employee learning and development, in order to plan, and implement, learning and development activities
- To understand the importance of a Reward Management Framework
- To develop the skills needed to conduct productive appraisals within a Performance Management System
- To become familiar with creating effective policies and procedures for employees