IOSH - Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely is a flexible course ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle safety and health issues in the workplace. A practical program, full of step-by-step guidance, managing safely has a sharp business focus. The hands on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise standards of safety and health.
- Identify their responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents
- Explain the reasons for preventing occupational ill health
- Define 'hazard', 'risk' and 'risk assessment'
- Identify common hazards in the workplace
- Outline the requirements for the control of waste and pollution
- Identify the best techniques to control key risks
- Identify the demands of the law and how the legal system works
- Describe a health and safety management system
- Identify why and how accidents should be investigated
- Outline basic performance indicators for monitoring activities
- Carry out a risk assessment
Duration: 3 days
Certification: IOSH, UK