Needs of the Elderly is for all healthcare professionals. It is also relevant to any health or social care worker who wishes to improve their understanding of end of life care.
End of life care provides support for people approaching death, enabling them to live their lives as well as possible until they die. Needs of the elderly include daily care, emotional care, and assistance with their mobility, medications and proper nutrition to stay healthy and enjoy a comfortable life.
• Identify the different needs of the elderly
• Discuss the needs identified and its category
• Display an understanding on the needs of the elderly
• Identify the different stresses experienced by the elderly.
• Discuss and perform activities that serve as entertainment and exercise for the elderly.