SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) is utilised where an atmosphere is identified that could cause immediate danger to life and health (IDLH). Where a risk assessment has identified a requirement for SCBA certain bench marks must be met before its use. This course is intended when SCBA is bing used in confined spces.
- Explain the basic principles of breathing apparatus operation
- Calculate the expected duration of breathing equipment
- Carry out pre-use and post-use tests to ensure the safe of operation of equipment
- Identify emergency procedures to be adopted when compressed air apparatus is to be used in possible contaminated environments.
- Use breathing equipment of your site in work and rescue situations that you may be exposed to