Welding Safety Course is aimed to give the candidates orientation on the safe welding designed to instruct welders in welding safety and welding techniques utilizing various processes like Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and plasma cutting.
As per guidelines of OSHAD-SF – Code of Practice 28 - Hot Works Safety
- Understand why obtaining "authorization" before beginning welding operations is vital, and why welding is prohibited in certain areas of a facility.
- Know how to guard against sparks starting fires.
- Recognize how welding fumes can contaminate the workplace, and how to avoid exposure to this hazard.
- Know what substances can be especially hazardous when being welded, and how mechanical ventilation devices can help control toxic fumes.
- Understand how using glasses, goggles and/or welding helmets can protect against the intense light emitted during welding.
- Understand how personal protective equipment can prevent injuries during welding operations.
Recognize the specific electrical hazards associated with Arc Welding.