By the end of this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- 1. Demonstrate a familiarity with organizational behavior and culture theory.
- 2. Be able to apply key analytical concepts to previous and current organizational experiences.
- 3. Develop an ability to better understand how to make organizations more responsive to urban undervalued population groups.
- 4. Demonstrate how to study and apply relevant frameworks to human service organizations.
SECTION 1: Classification & Function of Organizations in Human Services
- Continuum of Organizational Types
- Bureaucracies/Street-Level Bureaucracy
- Organizational Structure, Communication, Accountability & Decision-Making
SECTION 2: Organizational Culture
- Definition and Dimensions of Organizational Culture
SECTION 3: Staff, Consumers & Communities
- Community-Organization Relations: An Interagency Focus
- Diversity and Human Service Organizations
- Empowerment in Human Service Organizations
- Changing Organizations & Organizational Culture
Review & Evaluation